His letter implies that NHGA will be running the NHWGA’s tournaments and all communication will be “centralized.” That is not true. That will not happen and that is not happening!
We want you to know:
- The NHWGA is not being taken over.
- The NHWGA will continue as we always have.
- The NHWGA’s events will continue to be priced competitively.
- The NHWGA events will continue to be a mix of friendly competitions and championships.
- And the NHWGA’s events will be open to women of ALL ability levels.
We have recently hired a tournament assistant to help provide new and exciting opportunities that will appeal to all women golfers in 2018 and beyond.
Do not be confused by the language in the letter. Because of the USGA mandate of working with only one New Hampshire organization we have been working with the NHGA to iron out the details of the mandate. At this date no agreement has been reached.
It is our intention to keep you, our members, informed of our discussions with the NHGA. When we have information to share we will do so via various outlets (i.e., Email, Facebook, Twitter and the NHWGA website.)
Please continue to support our NHWGA, which has served NH women golfers since 1923.
— Board of Directors, New Hampshire Women’s Golf Association