Player of the Year
The New Hampshire Women’s Golf Association established the Player of the Year award in 2016. The award is given to the woman amateur who earns the most points by competing in NHWGA, regional and United States Golf Association (USGA) events.
To compete for this award the player must be a member of the NHWGA, and must compete in a minimum of 3 qualifying events, one of which must be a NHWGA Championship Event.
- NHWGA Championship;
- Senior/Legend/Classic Championships; and
- Junior Girls Championship
- New Hampshire Golf Association (NHGA) Women’s Mid-Amateur Championship;
- New Hampshire Golf Association (NHGA) Women’s Match Play Championship; and
- New England Golf Association (NEGA) Women’s Amateur Championship
- U.S. Women’s Amateur;
- U.S. Women’s MID-AM;
- U.S. Girls’ Junior; and
- U.S. Senior Women’s Amateur.
Players are responsible for informing the NHWGA POY chairperson of their participation in regional or USGA events. Year-to-date standings can be found in the members only section of the website.
2021 Player of the Year Points Allocation
Points allocated for placing in each of the events can be found here: 2021 Player of the year points and event listing.
Schedule of Events
- Monday, May 17 - Wednesday, May 19
- Monday, June 28 - Wednesday, June 30
- Thursday, July 1
- Monday, July 12 - Saturday, July 17
- Tuesday, July 20
- Monday, August 2 - Wednesday, August 4
- Monday, August 2 - Sunday, August 8
- Thursday, August 19 - Friday, August 20
- Friday, September 10 - Wednesday, September 15
- Saturday, September 25 - Thursday, September 30